does my daughter have OCD?
I am really worried about my 6 year old daughter and at my wits end.  My husband and I have tried to raise a compassionate, empathetic little girl but she recently started a well known private school and has completly changed.  She is completely fixated on bad words and tell me her brain makes her think about bad words all the time. She tells me her brain wants her to say them but she says she will not. She keeps asking me about hypothetical scenarios like: 'what if you died mom'? or 'mom my brain wants me to say that I hate you but I won't'.  She cries hysterically because she is torn, she feels like she wants to be a good, sweet girl but she says she cant help herself and her 'brain' won't stop thinking bad bad thoughts all of the time.  I think the kids at her private school are partly to blame, as there are some kids in her class who are badly spoiled and have exhibited some less than desireable behavior.  This morning I cried because she told me she just wants to go away to another planet far away and be alone and then she asked me if our doctor would cut her head off and put a new brain in. I feel so so awful for her. She is so frustrated,  I have tried every tactic you can think of. If I ignore she follows me around the house asking me about bad words and the "what if I said this..." scenarios and will say 'did you hear me? did you hear me??". I have tried positive reinforcement, punishment, explaining the meanings of the words etc. But its all she can talk about for hours and hours on end. She CANNOT move on.  I am also conerned about the negative and disrespectful feelings she is having towards others, she all of as sudden thinks everyone is ugly, fat, weird etc.  Is this the school environment or is this signifying a more serious problem. Please Please help.
Hi My child has the same problem it os ocd. If the child does not say the bad words than they fill the brain or something in there brain is telling them somthing bad is going to happen. its a no win siduation, My son started this a few days ago and he wants to use swear words and if he holds it in and dosent say them he gets highly stressed and then he tells me I dont want to say it but my brain called you a ......... And now everyone he sees is stupid or fat or whatever.
I am a nurse and even my medical knowledge can not help him. I am taking him to a major childrens hospital near me for some advice and help. This consumes his whole day from the moment he awakes to the moment he goes to bed.
Fell free to email me on ***@****
I am going through this exact same situation! I feel not alone thay someone else is going through the same thing. Please tell me if it stopped and how you fot through it.