Pediatrics Community
early signs of puberty

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

early signs of puberty

I took my 5 and half year old daughter to the doctors, as i am going out of my mind with worry as she has strong body odour and now some pubic hair down below and small pimples on her forehead. My doctor measured her and sed she is above the average height for her age and that it is all completely natural and should leave her be. Really ?? at such a young age, it is really upsetting her and now she no longer wants to go to school which she used to love and have so many friends but now she is isolating herself because she says shes different, ive explained its what every girl goes through only she is a little early. I was hoping the doctor would have hormone tests done and put her on medication to slow it down, instead he made me feel stupid for wasting his time. Anyone else having the same worries??