Pediatrics Community
femur spiral fracture
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

femur spiral fracture

My son suffered a spiral fracture to his left femur. He was in a spica cast for 6 weeks. My question is this...
The accident happened at day care. The day care provider claims he was sleeping in a pack and play and she heard a boom and he tipped over the pack and play and fell out of it.  My son was not walking at the time.  He was sitting up but not pulling up. He was almost 11 months old.  The case is now under a criminal investigation which has been ongoing since october.  Do you think a child this age could tip over a pack and play  and if you do believe that could happen do you think a spiral fracture to the femur could have some how occured.