Pediatrics Community
fever and hallucinations

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

fever and hallucinations

my 3 year old had a fever last night and it was acompanied by hallucinations of bugs crawling on our furniture and other strange comments and today his temp was 103 went down to normal after ibprofrin. so i took him to doc who said it was consitent with menangitis (meningitis) but he was syptom (symptom) free at the time and currently still is. he told me to take him to er if he gets worse or stiff neck or hallucinations or walkin into walls. anyone experience this? i have 6 kids 1 who was a very ill child and has had 105 fever and never hallucinated. any ideas or advice or experience is really appreciated thank u much!!
Whether or not a child or anyone gets hallucinations depends on what virus is present and where. Meningitis does fit what happened with your son, and since it's at the brain/spinal cord, it will cause him to hallucinate. Just watch him and make sure it doesn't get any worse, and if it does take him to the ER soon. Good luck.
thank u im watchin him like a hawk hes on my lap i havent even started dinner yet!!! but his fever is back andi just want to observe him and see if he has any syptoms (symptoms) im missing.