Pediatrics Community
five year old complains of leg pain and then gets sick recurently

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

My son will be five on the 29th and he seems to get sick at least every three weeks or so sometimes a little longer in between but whats worrying me is everytime he gets sick he has always complained of leg pain right before and like clock work withing 24hours of complaining of his leg pain he will get a fever and green runny nose and horrible cough and i have taken he to the doc on several occasions and she says o well its growing pains yet she refuses any test to find out other wise i am really at my wits end on whats making my baby sick all the time and it never fails its leg pain then within 24hrs fever runny nose and sometimes the coughing what do i do
I can understand your concern and as he has been sick so much I feel you need another opinion,this has been a strange past year of sickness both for children and adults, you may want to ask about allergies especially environmental ones.He may also have growing pains, many children do have them we see a lot of it on this forum.The description of symptoms also copuld be from the flu like' sickness that has been going around that the doctors have no answer to yet treat with anti biotics ..I would make sure he is getting plenty of fluids, ask for something for his cough, he is 5 so there may be a med to give him.Let us know how he is doing ..
My son is 7 and has te exact same thing...leg pain, stiffness then within 48 hours has a respitory infection.  We have been to rheumatologist, nuerologist an now being referred to orthopedic. Please email me jlzaller @ gmail *******