Pediatrics Community
help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

help

CAN A BABY DIE FROM SIDS WHILE AWAKE
To my understanding SIDS happens when a baby is sleep.
Here is a website to look at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002533/
thank u for the website
Would you follow up on the short post and tell us how you and the child are doing .
my baby is doing good the doctors could not tell us what was happening to him all his test results came back normal so they r telling us that he was probably in the early stages of SIDS and we found him in time to start CPR. He is now on a apnea monitor 24/7 cuz they said it is possible it could happen again. As for my i have been under a lot of stress and anxiety that it will happen again and it has brought up a lot of feelings that i have not yet dealt with concerning my other son passing away from SIDS in 2003
Wow thats wonderful, that's what we like to hear , I understand how anxious you must be , that normal motherly feelings especially as you have had the trauma before.Just be aware keep watching and before too long he will be out of the danger age and you can relax .Well done who did the CPR did you or were you able to get help ?
Actually the neighbor heard us outside screaming and came and did the CPR. My husband and i did not know how to do it but while we were in the hospital we watched a video now my only fear is if it were to happen again i might panic and not be able to do it. The doctor gave us an apnea monitor thats about all they could do considering they could not tell us what happened to him.
wI am so glad he is okay now ,its scary though isn't it I think the monitor will help a lot ...they say 2-4 months is the time most SIDS occur .
Yea the monitor does help but i keep thinking its going to go off at any time
of course you do , thats a natural reaction, forgot to ask how old he is ?
HE IS 2 AND A HALF MONTHS
Right so you will have a few months of watching him ,which is all you can do, think positively he will be out of this stage before too long it is nerve wracking but you can do it, he's going to be okay ...good luck