Pediatrics Community
how does lesch nyhan kill you with a vp shunt
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

how does lesch nyhan kill you with a vp shunt

if you have a vp shunt placement and i asked for a ct scan, i was denied my son died 7 days later and they said it was lesch nyhan that took his life, his kidneys were fine, i never saw any orange crystals in his diaper he did not mutilate himself  he had all of his teeth. they said he was brain dead due to lesch nyhan.what happen?
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. LNS is a very rare genetic disorder and is a recessive, not dominant condition. The prognosis for the condition, no matter what, unfortunately is not good. Most all pass away in the first or second decade of life. Because uric acid build up is a big problem with this condition, it may have built up near his heart or traveled to the brain. Both are very vital, and that may have been the cause of death, by stroke or heart attack. There isn't much you could have done.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatrics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...