my 1 year old toddler is having a diarrhea pls help
my 1 year old toddler is having a diarrhea,and his stool is watery what should i do?his fecalysis findings are :pus cells:0-1/hpf,and bacteria:moderate,>what does it mean?pls.help
Could be temporary related to viral illness or something that needs looked into like malabsorption, first thing, at age 1 you are probably in transition with his diet-going from breastmilk or formula to cow's milk, also he is probably eating more that he can grab rather than only what you provide him on his tray. He may be simply taking too much juice, work on increasing the things in his diet that firm up stools, the BRAT diet is helpful but include other healthy things too, B-bananas, R-rice or rice cereal, A-applesauce NOT juice, T-toast,bread or crackers .
These help temporarily, be sure there is no blood and make sure that he is taking enough fluids.
Check with your pediatrician about the need for further workup, rare but important things to worry about include celiac disease-this is intolerance to gluten, also malabsorption.
So watch the juice intake, check to see if it resolves and work with your pediatrician to be sure that there is nothing else to workup.
My daughter is one and she has had diarrhea for about a week. Could it be because of her drinking a lot of milk? She loves her whole milk and I am affraid she is getting too much. I know about the BRAT diet and I am trying it. She is very picky and it's hard to get her to eat a lot of things! I am worried because the diarrhea is giving her a bad rash on her bottom! Is there anything else I can do to help her? *I am taking her to the doctor tomorrow, but it would be nice to have other opinions and ideas! Thnx!