Pediatrics Community
my baby is 4 days old and has a lump on his head??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

hello, my baby is 4 days old, he was in the birth canal for a long time so when he came out he had a funny shaped head, thats now gone back to normal except for a lump on the right side of his head. it feels like it is full of fluid and im really worried it could be serious.

can anyone please help me before i go mad!!

To see if it is fluid filled, try shining a flash light on it to make sure. Also has the lump grown or is it the same size? It could just be fluid build up from the pressure of being in the canal too long and will go away on it's own. I'd just watch it for another few days and if nothing changes, then go to the pediatrician and ask them about it.