Pediatrics Community
my son of 7yrs has extremely small penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

i have a 7yr old son who has an extremely small penis sometimes there seems like there is nothin there. he is slightly over weight and he is quite big for his age. i feel like he has too much skin round his penis.i have took him to the docs and they keep tellin me it will grow but he is now 7 and there has been no improvement at all .
could this be something to do  with his thyriod?
or his wieght?

plz help getting worried
Boys have a fat pad that surrounds their penis, as they grow it shrinks. Some just take longer. I wouldn't worry about it and by continuing to push the issue you are likely to make him way more self-conscious about it than he will already be. It is okay, if the doc isn't concerned, I wouldn't be.

I have to tell you, I have a 6 year old and I don't spend much time (any actually) thinking about or worrying about his penis size.

Work on making sure he has a healthy diet and gets into a normal weight range for his age.  That's the important issue.  

HIs penis size may increase when he reaches puberty.  Nothing to worry about right now, and nothing to do about it anyway at this young age.  
His penis is small compared to what?  I don't even know what an average 7 year old's penis should look like size wise.  
That's funny me2mommy really, what size should it be?  All I know is that EVERYONE'S penis is different. I have seen Very big and I have seen VERYYYY small. They do exist. Sometimes not the norm but not the end of the world either.
my best friend told me that they grow when puberty hits, i dont think it should be an issue though.  is he worried about it now that you talked to the dr about it? (hopefully not in front of him).  
Yeah, wow...I think you are probably the one giving him a complex.  I think at 7 years and being overweight should be the real issue here, not his penis size.  Him being overweight this young could lead to serious health issues, like heart & cholesterol problems, including diabetes.  That should be the concern here.
I think this is a fake post.
I really hope so.
Agreed.....if it is not a faker, focus on the overweight issue.  No 7 year-old should be overweight.  The parents are the ones who buy his food and should be watching what he eats.  I see too darned many parents stuffing their kids with McDonalds and other junk and then they wonder why the kid is big.   I blame parents not a 7 year-old.
of course if the biy is rather fatty, the penis looks like "buried" in the fat'scushion and looks like a small button, but, of course a 7 years old boy when "normal" has erections and like (lear,n) to play with penis, the important is to see how his penis looks when he has erection.
I'm a retired nurse and saw sexually active adult men with a barely less than 4 inches erect penis who never unsatified because that, and many wives are also satisfied with that.
On each case a woman do like masturbate and never a finger could be longer and wider that such a penis !
If she satisfies herself with finger, why not with a 4 inches erect husband's penis ?
If you think that post was a joke, I'm pretty sure it wasn't because I would have wrote the same thing almost verbatum.  My son turns 5 this week and he pees all over the floor as his penis is practically inverted into the skin around it.  My son is also very big, about 48" tall and about 75lbs stocky and has muscletone.  I have had some personal issues in this department myself.   I was the smallest kid in school and didnt reach puberty until 19 and was always embarrased by my penis size.  When they did the circumcism on my son they made some kind of error and said they would have to redo it.  i dont want my son to grow up insecure like i did, and i know there is something very wrong with his penis