newborn bump on head
my newborn has a bump on the side of her head. right above her temple. its feels like bone. it does not move and it is hard. does not seem painful. its pea sized maybe just slightly larger. i showed it to her pediatrician and she told me it could be a hair folicle and to watch it. maybe she was not feeling the right spot. she said it moves around . it does not move. i showed it to the nurse practitioner and she said if the doc said that then just watch it. i am very worried. i do not think its a hair follicle. could it be a bone spur on her scull?  should i be worried?
My baby was also born with the same condition as yours (with a hard bump on the temple area). She is turning 3 months next week. we are taking her to the Dr for her three months check-up, and we also plan on advising the Dr of the bump. What was the diagnosis for yours.

regards
This could be a Dermoid cyst    Dermoid Cysts in Children

Dermoid cysts can affect any child. They form during pregnancy while a baby develops in the mother's womb.

Dermoid cysts occur when skin cells and other structures related to skin — like hair, sweat glands, oil glands or fatty tissue — get trapped in a pocket as the baby grows. The cysts are present at birth (congenital). But because they grow slowly, sometimes you may not see them until later childhood or early adulthood. ASkthe doctor if it could be a cyst ..good luck, let us know