Pediatrics Community
platelet count
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

platelet count

My child is detected +ve with NS1 antigen dengue on 4th day(monday) after he started getting fever. WE consulted our doctor who said that since his platelet count then was 250000 we need not be worried and gave us medecines (homeopathy) to control his fever and asked us to give crocin DS if the fever is 101F or more.Fortunately his fever dint rise so as to give him crocin.We again did his 2nd blood test on wednesday were again his platelet count has dropped to 188000 but our doctor said still there is nothing to worry as my child fever has subsided (he is still taking the homeopathy medicines) and he is eating well and quite active as well. Today again ie., on Friday we did his blood test and again his platelet count has dropped to 162000 but the doctor is still saying the same there is nothing to worry as long as my child is active and eating well which he is but we are worried as to how to increase his platelet count. His netrophils are 27.5 whereas the range shown on the report is 43.0% - 65.0% . Pls guide us
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatrics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank