Pediatrics Community
please help us on more info about this condition hlhs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

MY HUSBAND AND I JUST FOUND OUT YESTERDAY THAT OUR UNBORN SON WAS DIAGNOSED WITH HLHS ( HYPO PLASTIC  LEFT HEART SYNDROME) HOWEVER OUR DOCTORS CONFIDENCE AND KNOWLEDGE OF IT SEEMED VERY LITTLE. HE GAVE US TWO PAPERS ABOUT THE CONDITION AND SAID ILL HAVE SOMEONE IN TOUCH WITH YOU  TO SEE IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE BABY THIS WAS DEVASTATING TO US AND SHOCKING AT THE SAME TIME. i UNDERSTAND THE DOCTOR HAS TO DELIVER THE NEWS BUT I WOULD LIKE A SECOND OPINION IS THERE A SUGGESTED PLACE IN DENVER OTHER THEN DENVER CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL ? MY HUSBAND AND I ARE THINKING ABOUT GOING TO UCLA THEY HAVE A 90% SURVIVAL RATE ON THE SURGERIES RATHER THEN THE 60% THAT DENVER CHILDREN HOSPITAL HAD.
It sounds as if Boston children's hospital specialise in HLHS ....I have copied something may be of interest If a prenatal ultrasound has revealed that your baby will be born with hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS)—or if your infant has been diagnosed with HLHS—an understanding of the condition will help you plan for, and cope with, this rare and complex congenital (present at birth) heart defect.

While this condition is very serious, children with HLHS can undergo therapy at Children’s Hospital Boston—shortly after birth or in some select situations, while your baby is in utero.
I am very sorry I know how  concerned you are, I suggest that you get some more information and do not rely on this doctor alone .The info above does quote Boston it may be a good idea to get in touch with them ..we also have a pediatric Cardiology forum on Med Help put this question there for some further help...good Luck