positive strep throat screens with little or no symptoms
Ok- I am exhausted from playing Dr for my Dr. I am trying to find why my kids are testing positive for strep now for the 4th time! The first episode just 2 months ago I beleive was full blown strep- with fever for my daughter and sore throat. The Dr has had up follow up with a few strep screens to make sure its gone and both of my kids come back positve with no /little symptoms. My daughter still has a runny nose. But thet both have tons of enery and feel great. My husband and I have no symtoms and also test positive. How in the world could we all be carriers? Also I juat had my daughters skin swabbed for a culture at the dermatologit- she has eczema and even though it is scratched open alot- he said it did not look like impetigo- but that is group a strep also- could that be giving us these positive swab screens of the throat?
It is possible to be a carrier, so you'd always test positive. Impetigo is highly contagious. It'd be more likely that the strep throat then caused the impetigo afterward, if she does even have it. If there are no symptoms of strep throat, it shouldn't be a problem. It might take your body a while to help itself and for you to not test positive. Sometimes it lingers for a while. Good luck.