Pediatrics Community
prolonged urination
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

prolonged urination

My 3 year old was born with curvature in his penis (slight curve to the left). We were told this would probably never pose a problem. I don't know if I should be concerned, but not only does he infrequently urinate, but it is unusually prolonged. As my husband has described it, "he goes way longer than me- even when my bladder is full."
His twin brother had a bilateral inguinal hernia repair at 11 days old and they did tell me to watch him for that b/c it runs in families.
Should I be concerned? Is any of this related?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
423279_tn?1203566453
i don't know anything medically about your question but my 3 year old also has a slight curviture of the penis. He has diagnosed with hydronephrosis in utero having surgery to correct the problem at 7 months & he also has a mild form of hypospadias. I don't know if the curviture of the penis is related to his other Urinary tract issues or what.. But at least I know that he is not the only little boy out there with this problem. I will let you know if I find out anything about this!
Blank
423279_tn?1203566453
just went to the urologist for a kidney check up. They are as well as to be expected but while I was there I had him check out the curve in my sons penis... since I last messages you it has gotten worse, when he urinates it no llonger goes straight but to the side where the curve is... neddless to say my walls get a good shower several times a day!! But we are going for surgery to correct it on June 23rd. Wish us luck. How is your son?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatrics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...