rapid eye blinking
Two days ago I took my  child for a Dr visit.  The nurse noticed her blinking her eyes over and over and asked me about it.  I had not noticed before and thought it was because the nurse said something.  I did ask the Dr, but she seemed to pay it no attention, possibly because at the time neither did I.  However, over the last couple of days at various times the rapid blinking has occured, and seems to be getting worse.  Is this something to be concerned about?  I will make an appointment with her Pediatriction, but should I look for some type of specialist?

Worried Mommy
hi there i am having the excat same problem with my son at the moment he has adhd and is on medication but the constant blinking seems to have come out of nowhere
Some children on Adhd medication experience tics. Rapid eye blinking would be considered a tic.. Tell his doctor right away. The doctor may need to adjust or change his medication..
My 7 year old started blinking very rapidly 4 days ago and I'm a bit concerned.  I'm noticing it more and more frequently as the days progress and it seems that he will be blinking rapidly one minute and then his eyes will open very wide the next.  Very strange.  When I ask him about it, he says it's "because he went snow skiing without goggles when it was snowing (4 days ago)".  ??  
If your child is still doing it (2 years later) then they are most likely fine.  I do it, it started at about age 6, and has continued to this day.  My doctors all just told me, stress.  If you think its something serious, ask your child first: do they notice they are doing it.  If not, then you know its unconcious, second, point it out to them and see if they notice themselves doing it after you point it out (i feel my eyes flutter when someone mentions it to me, or i'm talking about it, because i'm aware that i do it).  thirdly, ask them if they can make themself do it.  When i was younger i told my doctor i thought i had tourettes, my mom thought i did, people thought i had epilepsy (i've never had a seizure, and its been 16 years since i first did it), my doctor asked me, "can you do it at will?" i said yes, i just can't keep myself from doing it, and he went, 'then its not tourettes, so your good".  
The only problems i've had with my eyes is vision and thats genetics, not my blinking.  So don't worry
hi there, my son has been blinking for a few years on and off. He is 5 turning 6 in February. It usually starts in October and lasts for a few weeks. I think it is stress related to back to school. I took him to our optometrist 2 years ago and she said it was perfectly common in boys and if it doesn't go away by the time they are 12 they use botox to numb the nerves and muscles around the eye. This year it is worse than usual. It is now December and he is still blinking. We have him on Aerius and allergy eye drops as out of the blue on December 15th his eyes became very red and puffy. The blinking has been reduced but has not disappeared. Last night I googled eye blinking and botox and found what I think my optometrist was talking about. Blepharospasm - abnormal function of the basal ganglion. This just applies if excessive and pronounced blinking is the only condition. There are many ways to help this, surgery (myectomy), botox and medication. Again, this is from the websites i found. I am not a medical doctor and my son has not been diagnosed with this. We see our optometrist this Wednesday. Our doctor is sending us to an allergist. We are also work very closely with a naturopath who recommended magnesium and we are trying other homeopathic remedies as well. Thanks
my son is 14months and he started blinking his eyes repaidly and iam not sure why, He's not bother by it but it worrys me...........