Pediatrics Community
recurring fevers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

recurring fevers

My son is 9 months old and when he was 7 weeks he got very sick with fever of 105 since then he has has two more episodes where he ran fever up to 106. The Drs. keep telling me it is just viral. but Why do they keep recurring? what other test could or should they do?
It might not be the same virus.  Three fevers in nine months could just be three viruses.  My doctor doesn't even turn a hair at a child's fever unless it exceeds 104, and even then is not too worried ... he says that it is the body's way of killing the virus.  However, I'd ask the pediatrician for instructions about what to do if a fever gets to 106.