Pediatrics Community
severe ear infection
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

severe ear infection

My daughter is almost 6 months old and the past month has been a nightmare. She had an ear infection in both ears little over a month ago which seemed to have cleared with amoxicillan. A week later, both ears got infected again and dr. prescribed omnicef. Daughter started to vomit and ran fevers of 105 and almost dehydrated. Went to ER and got a shot of rocephin antibiotic, since she could not hold down the antibiotics well. 2 days later she started running fevers again, and Dr. gave her another shot of rocephin, which he said should definately clear up the infection. 5 day follow up- infection still there with pus comming out of her ear now. Dr. decided to try zithromax now, which she threw up again. I dont want to go through that same cyle again. I am soo frustrated, tired and lost on what to do! I cant see my baby in soo much pain all night long. Tylenol only helps for a little while. Someone have any ideas???