Aa
A
A
Close
severe ear infection
My daughter is almost 6 months old and the past month has been a nightmare. She had an ear infection in both ears little over a month ago which seemed to have cleared with amoxicillan. A week later, both ears got infected again and dr. prescribed omnicef. Daughter started to vomit and ran fevers of 105 and almost dehydrated. Went to ER and got a shot of rocephin antibiotic, since she could not hold down the antibiotics well. 2 days later she started running fevers again, and Dr. gave her another shot of rocephin, which he said should definately clear up the infection. 5 day follow up- infection still there with pus comming out of her ear now. Dr. decided to try zithromax now, which she threw up again. I dont want to go through that same cyle again. I am soo frustrated, tired and lost on what to do! I cant see my baby in soo much pain all night long. Tylenol only helps for a little while. Someone have any ideas???
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Tubes................  helps a lot with infection.  My sons had tubes and were off antibiotics for months at a time.  See an ENT.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatrics Community Resources