Pediatrics Community
sick 3 year old, what do i do?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

sick 3 year old, what do i do?

I have a child that will be three in a couple of days. He and I have been sick for about a week now, during this time he has been running fevers (as have I). This morning (after taking the other kids to the bus) i took his temperature to see if i needed to give him tylenol, it read 94.7. Feeling that this could not possibly be right i took it again: 95.2. Worried that there was something wrong with my thermomiter it took my own temp and it read 99.6, so i know that it is working. I have taken his temp quite a few times in the last 30 minutes and it keeps ranging from 94.7-96.2, should i give him tylenol or would that make it worse? What would cause such a low temperature? I understand that giving tylenol can cause your body temp to go down but, really(!?!) 94.7? Should i take him to the ER??? could this be a sign of pnuemonia (pneumonia)?
btw his symptoms are as follows:
goopy eyes, very runny nose, severe cough and (until this morning) 100.9 fevers, some exhaustion (but not too much)
he has no loss of appetite, no diahrea, no vomiting.
Tags: 94.7 degrees
it does sound like an infection and I would certainly have the Doctor look him over, I would leave the tylenol until you have seen someone as it may mask symptoms .the fact both of you have it could mean you also have it,I think an anti biotic maybe prescribed ..good luck let us know how you and he are doing ..