Pediatrics Community
sick 3 year old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

sick 3 year old

I have a 3 year old son and he has ran a fever all weekend, but other than being tired he is showing no other semtoms.  The fever was over 102 on Friday and I called the Doctor.  They said to give him something for the fever and just watch him.  He is not teething, and I have ask him if he hurts.  The only thing that he said hurt was his head and that was at the hight of the fever.  He fought me so I would not get him dressed yesterday and then took a nap with nothing on.  He is not himself but he is still playing and doing other things.  What could be wrong?  Should I take him in to the Doctor anyway?   I am a confussed mom please help.
did he have chicken pox yet? or the shot?  theres always a fever a day or so before they break out.