Pediatrics Community
sick from breastmilk?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

sick from breastmilk?

Ok. So I don't have a baby, but I am curious about something that had happened to me right when I was born and started to breastfeed. My mother told me that when I was about a few weeks old, that I had started getting sick. Her doctor told her that we both had different blood types and that her breast milk was slowly killing me. The doctor recommended I have a blood transfusion in which I still have a scar from. When the transfusion was done I was all better. What I want to know is what did I have? Why was my mothers milk making me sick? And could I have that too if I have a child of my own?
It was possibly because of the Jaundice factor  do you know what blood type your mom is and yours ?
well im not sure of my moms blood type. i'll just have to figure that out pretty soon. but thank you for your response. my blood type is A+. i'll post my moms when i find out.