Pediatrics Community
spot on pancreas...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

spot on pancreas...

my 12 yr old son has been having pain in his right side for some time now. they did an ultra sound and its findings were... the visualized pancreatic duct is slightly prominent, measuring 2 mm in diameter. portions of the pancreas are obscured. the pancreas is otherwise unremarkable. limited visualisation  of the inferior vena cava was grossly unremarkable. there is a slight prominence of the common duct within the visualized portion of the pancreas. what does this really mean... the only answer i get from the doctor is it means there is a spot on his pancreas and we need to do a ct scan...can u help clearify this for me?
It could be he is thinking in terms of gall stones ...It is hard to put any specific answer here for you .I think a ct scan is a good thing and will put your mind at rest