Pediatrics Community
strep in your anus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

strep in your anus

I want to know how my granchild who is 3 years old got strept in his anus.  I know strept throat is a bacteria and I think so his strept in your anus, but I was just wondering how do you contact, or is it due that he didn't get cleaned enough.
can someone respond to my e-mail, my grandchild doesn't leave with his father so I am just concern.  I am the mother of his father.
I just googled this for you and I hope it helps

Michelle
The Group A beta hemolytic Streptococcus germ causes numerous infections, chiefly of the respiratory tract, but also involving other organ systems, chiefly the skin and lungs. The throat infections themselves are rarely serious and ordinarily, like most repiratory infections, are handled by the immune system without too much difficulty. Unfortunately, the immune system of humans tends to get confused in fighting off this germ, and forms antibodies that can cross react with the blood vessels in various organs of the body. This is called a vasculitis. The characteristic vasculitis of Strep infection is scarlet fever or scarletina.

A somewhat unusual or unexpected strep infection is perianal disease. This presents as an intensely red rash around the anus, which is usually mistaken for a yeast infection (Candida). However, antifungal medications such as nystatin cream are useless. The rash disappears promptly with oral penicillin or erythromycin treatment. Intertrigo, infection of moist crease areas, is most often due to Candida albicans (yeast) infection. It may however be caused by Group A Streptococcus, as well. If your child has a persistent "yeast infection" in an armpit or groin crease that does not clear with antifungal treatment, it might be such a streptococcal infection. A culture test of the skin will tell the tale.
From what I read it sounds like it was a yeast infection that got infected if I understand this correctly
good luck an dI hope he heals son
Michelle
Strep can set up camp anywhere! Throat, ears, anus! People are so anal about the anus! Get over it. Treat the infection and move on