swollen lymph nodes on my 22 month old son's neck
About a month ago i noticed two lumps on my sons lower neck almost down to the bottom on the left side.  they dont hurt him, at least they dont seam to even when i touch them and he hasnt had any serious infections, only a slight cold.  i took him to the doctor a months ago, the day i found them and he said they were swollen lymph nodes, well they still havent went away so i took him in today and he wanted to run blood work. he said the main concern is to rule out cancer.  should i be scared to death or is he jumping to the worst case senario?
My daughter too has a lump on her neck.  I was told it was a lymph node, no pain or anything. It has stayed the same size for the past year, which is great, usually it will get bigger if it's anything.   I can't tell you not too worry, your a mother, your going to do that anyway.  Let me know how things go...I'll be thinking of you...Michelle