Pediatrics Community
swollen lymph nodes on my 22 month old son's neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

About a month ago i noticed two lumps on my sons lower neck almost down to the bottom on the left side.  they dont hurt him, at least they dont seam to even when i touch them and he hasnt had any serious infections, only a slight cold.  i took him to the doctor a months ago, the day i found them and he said they were swollen lymph nodes, well they still havent went away so i took him in today and he wanted to run blood work. he said the main concern is to rule out cancer.  should i be scared to death or is he jumping to the worst case senario?
My daughter too has a lump on her neck.  I was told it was a lymph node, no pain or anything. It has stayed the same size for the past year, which is great, usually it will get bigger if it's anything.   I can't tell you not too worry, your a mother, your going to do that anyway.  Let me know how things go...I'll be thinking of you...Michelle