Pediatrics Community
under weight and height

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

under weight and height

my 2 years boy is under weight 10.8 kg  and less height also 31 inches. he is not eating and he is very thin and most of the time he will go on crying for no reason
I would find out why he is crying all the time ,is he with you all the time or does he go to daycare ?  could you describe a days meals you give him, I expect he eats his own food and is not fed .Is his heath good otherwise ,no pains are his bowels okay ?
I also have a small guy.  He always has been though.  Is that the same for your little boy?  My son was born at normal weight but just gained weight very slowly from then on.  His dad will become upset about this but I've learned to accept what the doctor says . . . he is growing on his own growth curve and that is what he is supposed to do.  

Little kids do not have very big tummies . . .  so offer him healthy food often.  Our pediatrician had us give lots of snacks plus meals. So breakfast in the morning and two hours later some fruit and yogurt and then lunch and then another snack, etc.  He ate frequently but not huge amounts.

I also found with both of my kids that they seem to eat one larger meal a day in which they eat a good amount and then they eat less the other meals.  

I would check him out with your doctor and make sure that THEY aren't concerned and then just try the snack approach.  It is less concerning if he has always been on the small side and this isn't new.  

My son is perfectly healthy.  Still smaller.  he is 47 inches (he had a growth spurt) and is 42 pounds.  He's 7.  He does well in school, has friends and is very athletic playing sports. Just small.  It just is what he is.  I will tell you one thing . .  . you don't want to race my little guy.  He's FAST!!  Low to the ground has made him agile and speedy.  So hey, there are pluses.  Gotta look for the positives.  
he is there with me all the time. he want me to fed and he is not eating by his own. health wise good. morning he will have pediasure around 9:00 and i have  to force him to take 1;30 his lunch that also he wants fish and little and fruit sometimes night he will have rice that it. please help i am worried about my child and i think he has also worm problem. doctors gave medicin but no use at all
Have you looked in his stool as you can usually see small white things if its worms, he does need that treating so if you think the med has not worked take him back to the doctor.That would account for loss of weight .Heres what I would do with his eating, do not feed him, at 2 year old they like to feed them selves, also no pressure on him to eat, get him finger foods,cheerios are good for little fingers, for breakfast, also fruit chopped up, egg, yoghourt...put the food in front of him and leave him to get on with it, no coaxing ,he may be feeling too pressurised and thats why he wont eat . give him a snack mid morning, crackers a little cheese fruit, Lunchtime, maybe some fish sticks,with some bread, and beans ..snack in the afternoon do you know of the little fishes, children love them, Dinner, can be some protein like chicken and a vegetable .rice or pasta.Thing is to let him use his own frree will to eat , he may not be interested first day or so but he will eat if left to do it ...I hope it works, let us know good luck
good i will try. but what is the correct height for 2 yrs boy.
the average height is 31ins and the average weight is 28.4 pounds   so if your son is 31 thats normal height ,
can you suggest me which milk i can feed or give my child at the age of 2
well there is cows milk of course and some feed soy milk..at 2 year old he doesn;t require a lot in my opinion, there are good milk products out there, yoghort, cheese,  if you wish to continue with milk make it low fat  . Feeding practices to avoid are continuing to use a bottle, giving large amounts of sweet deserts, soft drinks, fruit-flavored drinks, sugarcoated cereals, chips or candy, as they have little nutritional value. Also avoid giving foods that your child can choke on, such as raw carrots, peanuts, whole grapes, tough meats, popcorn, chewing gum or hard candy.. Make sure he has a sippy cup at this age , and let him eat his own food , put finger foods in front of him good luck..
One other thought if you feed a young child a lot of milk they do not want to eat other foods ..the milk fills them up .