Pediatrics Community
urination problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

urination problem

my 4 year old daughter, urinates often. she usually can't make it to the bathroom in time. her urine smells horrible. like amonia (ammonia). she has no fever, doesn't complain of pain when urinating. i took her to the doctor, he checked for a uti, but it was neg.her doctor is very busy and takes weeks to see. should i be more persistant. i worry it may be something with her kidney. your opinion would be greatly appreciated.
My daughter had kidney problem when she was young.  Usually if the test are not positive and there is no complaining of pain with urinating then I would think it is not very serious.  You need to watch what she is drinking.  No sodas, especially caffeine.  Also, a tip we learned is when she goes to the bathroom take her back in 15 minutes even if she does not have to go.  Sometimes the urine does not all come out.  Use wipes rather than toliet paper, too.