Pediatrics Community
urine kidney infections 3 year old girl
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

urine kidney infections 3 year old girl

i would like some advise on my daughter, she has had 4 urine/kidney infections in the past few months.previous to this she has had no promblems. It all started when she started to wet herself and she had been out of nappies and dry for some time. i kept going to the doctore but no infection was picked up until she had a raging temperture and very unwell with pain in her back. She was put on trimerphrim and she got better, within 2 days after finishing the antibotics she had another, she was referred to the hospital where she had a scan, this all cam back fine and the consultant said this was very common in girls and she is now on a prolatic dose of nitrufeon, she had another infection whilst on this and now back on a night dose of nitroufeon (not quite sure how you spell it) she is still weeing alot in the day and night and back in nappies, the consultant thinks this will settle on its own in time - but how long? i am scared and very worried something may be wrong, i would appreciate some advise and if it is a common promblem. does infections recur like this and does the peeing happen a lot, the consultant also think that the bladder has been irrated by the infection so it causes another and it needs time to heal, and thats why shes lost some control of her bladder, is this right? i just want it over, it is so stressful.
best wishes to you who replies please
louisa