Pediatrics Community
vomiting while asleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

vomiting while asleep

My 7 year old daughter has vomited on three or four occasion while asleep without waking up.  Of course I am concerned of her apsirating if she is not waking up.  Three of the four time I have had to wake her up, the most recent time she woke up a while after the fact.  She never complians of an upset stomach or headaches.  When I have asked her if her belly hurt the night before she has stated no but on ocassion she has said that her belly felt warm.  Her pediatrician wants to wait four weeks to see if acid reflux medicaine will work and then run the berium test.  Should I wait or sould i get a second opinion.  He suggested if it was not reflux it may be migraines or seizures.  So far she hasn't had any slurring of waords right after but very tired when waking her up after I have found her that way.  
Please answer quickly!!!
Hi, I dont know if this is of any help but I seen an episode just like this on Mystery Diagnosis on the Discovery Health channel. The daughter turned out to have epilepsy and she was doing everything your child seems to be doing and after a while the daughter started slurring words.  It took the mother alot of testing and few doctors and it turned out the child had epilepsy. If I were you I would try to get as many answers and do any kind of testing that could lead to a diagnosis for your child. If indeed your child is the same case and has epilepsy I would want to know ASAP to get her started on treatment..take her to see a nurologist if you think it could be something mental and not physical.
I called another pediatric center to schedule an appointment for a second opinion.  They stated that they would have her take the acid reflux medicine for the same amount of time because they do not like to do unnessisary tests on children mainly because insurance companies do not like to pay.  I'm more concerned for her health than what the insurance companies want to do.  Since I have had two pediatrics offices tell me they would wait and see then I feel against my wishe maybe that is the best thing to do.