Pediatrics Community
worried parent

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

worried parent

My 15 month old has strep. She has been taking antibiotic for four days and she not getting any better. She is still vomiting and is very uncomfortable. Runny nose and no appetite and she has dark circles under her eyes. I will be taking her back to the doctor tomorrow simply because shes not getting any better. She also has not had any frequent urination. Are these signs of strep? And should I give the antibiotic another day or two in hopes that she gets better?
They could be signs of stomach flu, and dehydration would be part of it, give her plenty of fluids, pedialite,.Anti biotics should always be given until the whole prescription is gone , I agree that taking her back to the doctor is the best thing to do ..Let us know what he says ..good luck
Give the pedialyte a teaspoonful at a time, not in greater quantities.  My pediatrician had me give a teaspoon every 15 minutes.  That small amount can sometimes slip in without opening the esophagus very far and triggering the gag reflex.  If she can't even take water or pedialyte, go back to the doctor right away.