Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
could it be a prolapse?

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

could it be a prolapse?

I am a 30 yr old mother of 2 (12 and 4). I am having extreme lower back pain and pressure in vagina, feels like something going to fall out. I have had slight pressure off and on for about a year but has been constant since Wednesday. Feel better when lying down. When having bowel movement have a bulge  and have a small bulge on top which feels sort of squishy. Can feel cervix about 1 1/2 inches inside opening. Cannot insert a tampon. Went to Dr yesterday during pelvic exam she said my cervix being at that positition was normal after having 2 kids. She said she pushed it back up and later in day I did feel better but today by mid afternoon all symptoms were back checked and cervix was back down. She also had me get an ultrasound to check for fibroids came back normal. Could the Dr have missed something during pelvic? If not POP anyone have any ideas what could be going on?
Welcome to the forum.  I am sorry to hear of your difficulties with both your symptoms and Dr also!
Yes your symptoms sound very much like prolapse and I am surprised your Dr has not referred you to a Urogynecologist.
It is worth remembering that your Dr/GP is normally a jack of all trades and therefore is not a consultant.  It is important for you to see a Urogynecologist in order to get a full diagnosis of your prolapse issues.  The idea that your Dr pushed your 'cervix back up', didnt give you a pessary to keep it up and then told you that your condition was normal for you because you have had 2 children is very concerning.  You also report 2 bulges as well in the vagina, one of which appears to be from the back wall ( rectal bulge ) which could well be a rectocele prolapse, but your Dr hasnt said anything about this!  Not being able to put in a tampon is also symptomatic of prolapse.  Drs that fob you off often do this due to having little knowledge on the subject.  If they dont know, they will want you to go away and accept it, or simply dont understand it is a problem at all.

You may need to accept that your Dr has only limited knowledge of prolapse and by the sounds of it not much tact either.  Therefore get an appt with a Urogynecologist and have all your questions ready.  You are a young woman and dont need to live like this or be fobbed off either!
Once you have a Proper Diagnosis, you can then look at your options

Come back to us whenever you like to let us know how you are getting on.  One step at a time... Good luck.