Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
3 weeks after anterior prolapse surgery with tot

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Hi, just wondered if it is normal to have shooting pains up thru the vagina and bladder after 3 weeks from my operation? I do not have any discharge  but I am having to wear a panty liner as I have slight leakage still from the bladder. I did have a look downstairs and to my horror I can still see the bulge!!! I am worried the operation has failed :-( I have done nothing for 3 weeks as I have my family around and they have not let me and insist I rest. I have slight pain on the inner part of my leg which appears to be where the tot has been placed and tender if I catch as it is on the knicker line. I still have the feeling of heaviness in the vagina which was the reason I went to the drs in the first place.
It is early to make an assessment for yourself as there will be swelling etc, however you may wish to check in at your surgeons office to get checked over.
Have you called your Dr?  Was your surgeon a Urogynecologist?
The fact you are still leaking after your operation is worrying as are your other symptoms but you will need to get a medical opinion and if you are still having problems in a few weeks you may need to get a second opinion as well.

Let us know how you get on and dont wait too long to call them or be fobbed off.  
I can relate to your concerns as I had prolapse repair this past September.  When do you have your post op visits?  I had one five days,then at one month,three months, six months etc. At every visit I asked if the surgery was still holding up my organs ,worried that they fell again.  Still do worry about that so can understand your concern.  If you don't have a visit soon I suggest you call your doctor and request an appt for an exam to address your concerns.  At three weeks post op it is not unusual to have swelling and weird pains in different areas.  I am more curious about the bulge and heaviness and pressure your feeling.  Did you have leakage before your surgery?  Please let us know how your doctors visit goes.  If your not satisfied with the answers your doctor gives you consider a second opinion from an urogynecologist.  Good luck!
Hi, Thank you for your reply. Yes I got refered from my gynaecologist to my urogynecologist as I had a urodynamics that showed bladder leakage and she advised that he was more qualified to undertake both ops at the same time. I was lucky enough to go private thru work and therefore I am unsure if I can contact my urogynecologist direct? Do you think my gp would be able to help?
Hi, Thank you for your reply. I only go at 6 weeks for a post op. Yep I underwent a urodynamics test which showed stress incontinence prior to my op, they decided a TOT would resolve the issue. Just feel I have gone back to square one. I am only 37 and feel like I am 60, having to wear panty liners still and knackered.
Your GP could help you to see a Urogynecologist yes.  Even though you have had your TOT op through work I still feel your Urogyne who did the op has a duty of care to look after you post op if you have any problems.  Can you call him direct?  Explain the problems you are having and how worried you are.  Call them today if you can.  
Let us know how you get on.
I agree with UK lady that the best way to go right now is an appt with the urogyne who did your surgery.  Try to contact your surgeon directly.  If this is not possible go to your GP and seek their help.  Since this is not your GP's specialty perhaps after a visit he / she will be able to hook you up with your surgeon.  If you do see your surgeon and are not satisfied don't give up if you are still having problems.  You certainly deserve to have your concerns taken seriously.
Hi, Thank you I have spoken to the sister at the hospital where I had my operation, she advised to come back and see the surgeon. I have managed to get me an appointment with my surgeon this Wednesday, lucky I went private or I guess I would have been waiting longer?. Will let you know how I get on, I just hope its swelling.
Great news you got an appt.  Look forward to hearing how you get on.  Try to write any questions down so you can go through them all when you go.
HI, Glad I went to see the consultant he put my mind at rest. He examined me and said all is healing well and will become more like normal once I start doing the pelvic floor exercises in the next couple of weeks. I mentioned about the leakage he said he will review it in a couple of months but again the pelvic floor exercises should help with this. As for the pulling pain on my inner thigh this is linked to the TOT and it is bedding in so will ease in time. I feel a lot better as I know everything is ok and its just going to take time. Thank you for help x
Glad you are feeling better about your symptoms and that you have seen your consultant.  
If you have any further concerns be sure to go back to your consultant and if you feel the need, get a second opinion.
Hope all settles down soon x