4 weeks post op
Anterior rectoplexy for rectal prolapse with full seven day recovery period in hospital. Had only two/three small bowel movements during the past four weeks. Starting Friday started to have what I would call a fuller bowel movement, small amounts at a time.

Example is I feel like I have to go, sit on toilet, pass one, fell done. Get up, take care of hygiene, walk into another room, and bam, back in bathroom with yet another small amount. This has been going on all weekend. The worst part is it seems like pieces of the bowel are being stored in the right lower quadrant on the area very near anal opening with severe pain radiating down right leg.

I was told there is muscle loss that can be addressed with exercises after I heal. I'm also having a problem at times with not making it to the bathroom in time to pee. It's so depressing and for some reason I'm embarrassed although I know I should not be.

I should call Doctor, but I'm too tired to even drive to his office.

Is this normal at this stage of the game? I guess I want to know if others have had this type of pain?

thanking you in advance.
I take it you are now 4 weeks post op?
It can take 3 months to feel more normal which happens in stages.   Full healing can take longer and there will be swelling inside which can impact bowel function and give pain..   Make sure you dont lift anything at all heavy,   Are you walking around?   Dont go back to work too early either.

Are you on laxatives?   If you are taking pain meds these can constipate as well so balance all you are taking with laxatives that are gentle but work well.  I take laxido/Miralax but you will need to check with your surgeon to make sure you get the Ok for amount to take etc.,  
Drs dont seem to tell us just how long it really takes to get fully healed and the time we are healing is very important in terms of long term result.  So avoid all straining.  

Talk to your surgeon about your concerns.. all of them including bladder incontinence, pain, inability to have full bowel movement,  retention of BM,  and the pain radiating down your right leg.   Get answers about all of your questions.

I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get on  
I had a rectopexy for an internal bowel prolapse (intussusception) about five years ago. Bowel functionality, in my case, improved for about 1yr - the dr - after the surgery - told me that it can be a very slow healing curve and 1yr is not unusual.  I did not have the pain and bladder incontinence that you describe - but the tiny stools several times a day and severe constipation the next was something I experienced for well over six months.
Check with your dr - it is always better to address your concerns with your own dr and get answers.  I was 58 when I had this surgery and had/have other pelvic floor prolapses too - I wonder if this contributed to my very long recovery time.