Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
Bladder Issues After Abdominal Hysterectomy

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

I recently had a Abdominal Hysterectomy on July 16th. Since the surgery I have been suffering with issues with my bladder. If I feel the urge to urinate, I have to go IMMEDIATELY or I will urinate right then & there. I also have been having cloudy urine & one UTI after another. Could all of this be a result of the Hysterectomy?
I have heard that the ureters can get damaged during a hysterectomy ( the tube coming down from the kidneys to the bladder) and wonder if it also possible for other areas to be affected.  Did you have any form of supportive stitches etc to the top of your vagina as well?  

I would advise you to go back to your Urogynecologist asap to discuss all areas of the operation you have had with regard to your present symptoms.  The urge to urinate and or losing control of your bladder could point to further POP problems that need to be discussed with a Urogyne as well.  I hope you get relief from yoru UTIs and bladder symptoms soon and understand how difficult they can be to deal with.  I wish you a full recovery.  Let us know how you get on.