Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
Bladder pain??

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Bladder pain??

Ok, I had a hysterectomy about 2 1/2 years ago, and i'v had nothing but problems since then. I have abdominal pain off and on all the time. I have been in the ER 3 times to have my bladder drained and each time they send me home with a cath. And in the last six months my bladder has hurt so bad that it hurts to urinate, sit or move and sex is out of the question. I also have a hard time urinating, but not all the time. I went and seen the urologist "again" after my last ER visit a couple of weeks ago and he won't do anything until it happens again. And when I called this morning and told him that I was in pain and couldn't even function he told me to go back to the ER; and i don't really want to do that, because they are getting irritated because I keep coming in for the same thing. So first question is should I go see a different doctor? And second is could my bladder have fallen?
I highly recommend you seek the advice of a urogynecologist. Although this is the specialist for pelvic organ prolapse, they are able to analyze issues in the  pelvic area that are not POP. Hard to say if it is POP with the details, it could be that the hysterectomy was not done properly. Here's a post related to POP for you to look over, if many of the symptoms fit, it could be possible that you have POP-I've spoken with women in their early 20s with this condition and although it is not as common in 20s and early 30s as it is in 40s and 50s, it certainly occurs fairly frequently.

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Womens-Health/Taking-Pelvic-Organ-Prolapse-Out-of-the-Closet/show/1148?cid=591

After you read this, send in additional questions and I'll do my best to give you a better idea if you may have POP. No matter what I feel you should seek the advice of a urogyn, this needs to be addressed.

Sher