Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
Bladder suspensions

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Bladder suspensions

I am 52 years old and have had 2 bladder suspensions already. It has been 10 years since my last one and I feel I might need another one.  How many of these can I have?
Were your suspensions done by an ob/gyn? I recommend women seek advise from urogynecologists, this is the specialist for pelvic floor disorders. Mesh is often used for cystocele repair because of the need for repeat surgery when it is not used. As we age and our estrogen levels drop, the tissue integrity gets weaker and the end result is a need for additional surgery. Mesh makes the repair more "permanent" but you should only have mesh repair by an expert who truly knows what he/she is doing to avoid complications. There's a lot of controvery right now about mesh but in the hands of a skilled urogyn, mesh surgery is extremely beneficial to repair POP. Additionally you may have other types of POP (there are 5 types, bladder is just 1 of them), another reason to see a urogyn who can fix any of the 5 types.

I'm going to have admin transfer your post over to the pelvic organ prolapse community, if you have additional questions, please look for response and send additional questions on that side.

Sher