Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Expert Forum
Bulging perineum
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) FORUM. This forum welcomes questions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bulging perineum

I am an 18 year old female. I find it hard passing faeces, when I need to pass a stool I get a bulge in the skin between the vagina and anus, it can be a little bit painful and I have to press on it in order to move the faeces to be pooped out. I sometimes have to push on it a few times to get all the faeces out. Do you know what this could be?

I also have not had a child, been pregnant, had an infection down below or injured it.
1344197_tn?1392822771
Sorry to read of you problem.  From your description, you are describing a perineocele.  This is a hernia between the rectum and vagina.  This would be an unusual finding in someone of your age.  I would suggest you see a gynecologist or urogynecologist in you area to be evaluated.  
2 Comments
Blank
4452422_tn?1354798687
I get the same thing ! I have to do everything you said to ! and I am 18 years old !! to..
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979