Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Expert Forum
Is this Pelvic Organ Prolapse?
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) FORUM. This forum welcomes questions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Is this Pelvic Organ Prolapse?

I am 46-year-old and overweight. I delivered my son 16 years ago and forceps were used; my daughter was delivered via c-section. I have had no problems except constipation and hemorriods until lately. I feel as though I have a slight bladder infection with the need to urinate almost constantly. I sometimes have to hold my vagina in order to get the urine to sputter; sometimes I get relief when it flows. Because I suffer from constipation bowel movements have been next to impossible and I am plagued with lower back pain. In order to pass a bowel movement I have to hold myself in the perineum (?) to keep my "innards" from falling out. The bulge can also be felt in my vagina.

There is always a sense of pressure in my lower belly and I feel very bottom-heavy. I have gained weight in my belly but I assume this is due to the blood pressure medication I have been taking. I have a constant urge to urinate to no avail, and again, a slight burning sensation making me feel as if I have a mild bladder infection.

This situation has been getting worse. I currenly do not have medical coverage so please don't suggest that I run to the doctor unless absolutely necessary. I realize that there is a thin wall between the vaginal/anal area and am afraid that I may damage that area and cross-contaminate body fluids which could result in major problems. I will begin student teaching next week and will graduate college in December, so I hope to be employed shortly after the new year which should result in medical benefits. Any suggestions as to what to do to keep myself together until I have coverage?

Thank you.