Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
Mesh removal -surgery did not work :(

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Mesh removal -surgery did not work :(

I can feel the mesh and occasionally I feel a painful sensation happening, which is more often as time goes on. I fear the mesh is slowly coming out. Also, I have leaked urine occasionally.  My surgery was 2007 and this has happened a few months ago.    I am finally dating again and gee whiz - now I am scared to have sex.   Urgh.
question is :   Do I go see a Urogynecology doctor for removal?    And then what.  Will my body parts just fall out again?
What kind of physician did your surgery? If a urogyn did the first surgery you should contact that office to see what they have to say, if it was an ob/gyn or other physician, please see a urogynecologist for consult on what is going on. The point of using mesh for these procedures is to prevent having additional surgeries down the road. When physicians stitch our own tissues together for repair, as we age and estrogen gets depleted the tissues no longer have the necessary integrity for the repair to be  maintained-then you end up needing more surgery. Sometimes when mesh migrates a urogynecologist can do an in-office procedure to trim it. The urine leakage is  a concern, was this a bladder repair or something else (there are 5 types of POP)? Please follow up on these concerns. If they were done by your ob/gyn, see her for a consult about what is happening but a urogyn would be the one to go to address it.

Sher
Also I am having this post transferred to the POP forum hon.
I had both  cystocele and rectocele
So was procedure done by gyn or urogyn? Have you contacted the dr who did the initial surgery? If it was an ob/gyn, I would recommend you see a urogyn to address mesh and see if a trim will fix problem. Also have you done any maintenance (Kegels, core strenthening exercises)? It's pretty much like any other muscle tissue, if you don't use it you lose it-important to continue to do Kegel maintenance even after repair is done. (This would relate to leakage not mesh migration.) Please consult with a physician on your mesh concerns to find out if you actually do have mesh poking through tissues. It is important to follow up on this for resolution.
Thank you for all your advice.   It was a gyn who did the surgery and I was not happy with
her, so I don't want to go back to her.  If you have heard of a good urogyn in San Antonio area please let me know; otherwise, I will seek one out.  Just one of those things that
is embarressing. I prefer femal dr.  I hope it is as simple as you say :)
I'm hopeful there will be an easy fix for you too! I'm going to send you a PM on locating a urogyn in your area. Coming shortly!
You could make a claim for TransVaginal mesh injury and hire a TransVaginal Mesh Injury Attorney attorney like these-http://downtownlalaw.com/transvaginal-mesh-injury-attorney-vaginal-mesh-defect-lawsuit/ ..Are you aware of this thing? Those injured as a result of such implants are without a doubt entitled to compensation for their injuries. The scope of injuries can be serious to moderate. Its a straight forward process and shouldn't take up too much of your time.