Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
Organ Prolapse (Multiple?) having trouble finding helpful info

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

So, this may be a bit long, but please forgive me. I have a very hard time 'talking' about things, especially if they contain some embarrassing details. ...ok, here we go.

I went to see my OB/GYN in maybe early Feb, following up on some cysts I had, when I mentioned that my cervix felt a bit lower than usual. He said it was no big deal, maybe a *slight* bit of prolapse. 'Quite common, nothing to worry about'.

Smash cut to now, and that "nothing to worry about, barely-there maybe possible prolapse" has gotten to the point where I can use a mirror, and see bits coming Out of my vagina. So, I see my GP (who got rid of my OB/GYN for other reasons), and tell her about it. I'm in pain, I have to pee All The time, I'm unable to use a tampon, or have sex. She puts in a referal for another OB/GYN, but it will be a bit before its approved, and then IDK how long before I can get in.

Here's the part you may want to skip if you're squeamish: starting maybe 2-3 days ago, I began bleeding (not time for a period yet), but it's gotten heavy, more than a normal period for me, the kind with clots and such. THEN, I had a bowel movement. I had felt a little weird down there as of late, but nothing to cause concern. But after this BM, I looked down, and it was streaked with bright red blood. I thought it may have been from the vaginal bleeding (wishful thinking...), but when I grabbed a mirror to check it out, I noticed a small bulge emerging from my anus, balloonish, maybe between the size or a dime and a quarter? I had hemmoroids (hemorrhoids) when I was pregnant, so I know it wasn't that.

So, my question is, what could be going on? I don't know what's 'normal' for prolapse, or even what kind(s) I have. Should I be concerned? And if you made it this far, thanks so much for your time. <3
I'm not sure if this is important, but the pain is like moderate-severe cramping, especially on the right side. Occassionally, this will be a stabbing pain for a bit, either through my pelvic area, or 'straight up through the vagina'.
You absolutely need to see a urogynecologist, if you can't get in to see one (not sure what country you are from), at least a gastroenterologist would be able to assist with the rectal aspect. It sounds as though you have rectal prolapse (a bit different than pelvic organ prolapse) as well as POP. Often women with POP have a rectocele (rectum) and it brings chronic constipation. Pushing hard or continually to have a bowel movement will make tissues protrude from the anus. This does need to be addressed, it's not generally life threatening but is extremly unsettling because there is pain, ache, emotional distress, difficulty sitting or walking comfortably, difficulty having a bowel movement. Surgery will likely be necessary to correct. Google rectal prolapse and you'll get some threads to better define what it is-it's not my area of expertise but does occur with POP as I mentioned. Important to let your dr know about this recent turn of events-not going to go away on it's own. In the meantime, after a bowel movement you can gently push the prolapsed tissues back in (wash hands prior to and after) and they try to lie down for a bit after a movement to let your "guts settle". May or may not help keep the tissue inside for a bit but won't make the prolapse go away. I try to suggest women try non-surgical treatments b/4 jumping to surgery but this is a touch condition to reduce without surgery.
Good luck, hope you get some answers from a dr soon!
Sher