Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
POP Mesh Surgery 2009 - Erosion

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

POP Mesh Surgery 2009 - Erosion

My mesh surgery is still holding, however the mesh is eroiding a bit.  The doc prescribed Vagifem twice a week. I am 68 years old and not sexually active.  I am very worried about the Vagifem and it's side effects as regards heart and cancer issues.  What do you think?
Vaginal estrogen is frequently recommended to improve qualty of vaginal tissue integrity which may help with erosion concerns. Biggest flag would be if you experience any vaginal bleeding; that is a flag and if it occurs you should immediately report it to your physician. A safer alternative would be bio-identical hormones, you would probably have to find a physician who leans on the holistic side of the fence to get an rx for it. If your physician is aware of your complete medical history and feels it is safe, you should be ok. Pay close attention to how your body reacts for the first couple of weeks, if you notice any concerns contact your dr. You can discuss this with your pharmacist as well, they are usually very well versed in side effects of medications.

Sher