Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
POP surgery combined with plastic surgery

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Hello
I have a rectocele and am contemplating surgery. I also would like to have a tummy tuck at the same time. Do you know of any success with this? I am in definate need of both, and having both at the same time would at least be less time away from work, hopefully save some money and less time in the operating room.

I had a bladder sling about 10 years ago, and I think that my cervix is now also falling as it sometimes comes down to the point I have to push it back up. The most annoying part is the rectocele. I feel like I haven't had an easy bowel movement in years and years. It's always a lot of work and I never feel empty.
I am going on an herbal fast for 5 days just so that I can clean myself out.
I really feel like my bathroom issues are starting to consume my life  :(  I eat healthy, take benefiber daily, milk thistle before bed. I have to "splint" if I am going to have any success. I have not had any part of my colon come out of my vagina, but the bulge into the back wall sometimes is so bad I have to lie down because I can't sit.
Sorry to go on and on, but I am most interested in combining the surgery with my much needed (and anticpated tummy tuck.
(I just ordered Sherrie's book!)
Stephanie
Are you seeing a urgogynecologist Stephanie? POP surgery is extremely intricate and it sure sounds like you need to be evalutated for types of POP beyond rectocele-if you have uterine prolapse, it should be addressed at the same time as recto. I'd be nervous about having a tummy tuck at same time simply because of the intricacies of POP surgery; I sure understand the desire to get everything handled at the same time to prevent additional down time and expense, but unless you can get a urogyn to work with a plastic surgeon, I would be afraid to consider it. I really don't know anything about tummy tucks so am not able to advise on that but please brain pick the drs thoroughly prior to going forward.

Sher

Sher
Thanks Sherrie
I am going to my gyn tomorrow, and I am sure I will find that I probably have more that just the rectocele. I am researching for a urogyn in the phoenix area, (heard of any?) and will for sure go that that route. I still hope to get it all taken care of at once, I'll let you know.
Thank you again!
Stephanie
Don't know any urogyns in that area (don't typically recommend anyway cause everyones needs/personalities are different), but you can go to APOPS website and look up AUGS link on healthcare professionals page and enter your zip code to pull up who is in your area and then google them individually to find out more on dr watchdog sites.

Yes, please keep me in the loop on this one!
Sher
Ok, turns out that my gyn says I only have the rectocele, as far as she can tell. She didn't want to do the "pulling" test on my cervix, as they urogyn will do that, but she said it felt pretty stable. I have a few urogyn's to choose from here, so hopefully, I can get a plastic surgeon that can work together.
Glad you found a few  choices in your area.

Sher