Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Expert Forum
POP surgery

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) FORUM. This forum welcomes questions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

POP surgery

I am not too sure how this forum works.  I had Surgery for a grade 3 POP two weeks ago.  I am better, but still not great.  The only restrictions I was given was not to lift over 10 pounds and I sure have not done that.  I have had lots of bowel problems. I am trying to walk.  Just wondering if anyone has some advice.  I go back to work in another week and a half.  I don't know how I will do it.  
Can you say what procedure you had?was it abdominal or vaginal? Does your bowels and bladder work well?

Dr. Hoyte
I had a sacrocolpopexy and a complete hysterectomy and it was with the davinci robotic surgical technique. Abdominal.   It has now been almost 10 weeks.  I have been in touch with my gastroenterologist (I have one because I have celiac) to see if he could help with the bowels.  I did have constipation before the surgery and some gas and bloating but after the surgery it has been very painful.  I am controlling the constipation with magnesuim at bed time.  He wants me to have a CT scan with contrast.  My bladder seems to be working about the same as before surgery I have a tiny amount of leakage.  I had cystocele, rectocele, and prolapsed uterus so he said he had to remove the uterus in order to do the surgery.  I bought some digestive enzymes and actually the last two days have been better.  The gas and bloating are better in the morning and as the day progresses it becomes worse.  I fell like I have to have a BM in the afternoon and evening, but I can't.  I am afraid to strain because I do not want to make the surgery worse or the rectocele to come back.  I am hoping that it is just taking my body a long time to recover and that nothing else is wrong.  GI Doc. tested my gluten antibodies to make sure I was not eating unknown gluten and they were fine.