Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
Pain Monoarc Sling/ Mesh

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Pain Monoarc Sling/ Mesh

Is there still hope for me? I had a hysterectomy in 2006 for POP and a Monarc Bladder Sling. A OBGYN performed the surgery. Immediately, after the surgery I had problems. I had to come back and get a cather a fews day after being home. Hospitalized a few months after due to a severe infections. A few months after I was hospitalized, a urologists went in and stretch my bladder to help me deal with some of the pain (2007). This procedure helped for a while. I continue to have severe infections and pain. In 2010, a urologists went in and trimmed the sling. A fews months later, the same urologists went in and cut the sling.( He said the sling was too tight) The pain has been kept me from enjoying my family or even life. The pain is in the vaginal area, buttocks, and back. I am 57 years old and have a wonderful family and GOD has been good to me or I would not have been able to cope. If you have any information for me at all; please let me know.
Have you seen another gyn for consult for the pelvic pain? Maybe scar tissue from the hyst? Misplaced staple? Or stitch?

Be persistent!! Sounds like something is amiss
I am so sorry to hear about your complications.  Is all the sling out of your body?  I wonder if some is left and eroding in your tissues or causing infection.  I recommend you see a urogynecologist.  They are the most experienced for the issue you are having.  I would also check into therapy with an experienced pelvic physical therapist.  They are trained to help with pain in the areas you described, scar tissue, muscles, connective tissue etc.  perhaps a good urogyne can refer you to one.  Sometimes it takes several doctors before you find the right one, but I believe you will have a better chance with a urogyne.  Please keep us informed of your progress and don't hesitate to ask any more questions. Best of luck
Thank you for your comment and care. I am working on getting a appointment with a urogynecologists.