Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Expert Forum
Pelvic Organ Prolapse Injury

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) FORUM. This forum welcomes questions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Pelvic Organ Prolapse Injury

I am a 40 year old female that is suffering from a pelvic organ prolapse condition. It started immediately after I gave birth to my third child nineteen months ago. I pushed for  over an hour during the active phase of labor.. My baby had less than 4 cm in his placenta. needless to say I had a dry birth..While I was pushing the nurse left the catheter on my uthera and when the baby was removed I pushed the folley bulb out as well. Shortly after I loss control of my bladder. I am getting treated as if I have the plague.. My urologist stated that I have torned the muscles attachments that contracts and hold my uretha up against the pubic wall. My back wall of my uretha is falling open and it is gaping over my bladder neck which is causing the leakage. My condition is uncommon and that he usally treats women that are in their late 50's with this condition not a 40 year old female. Most female ureatha injuries usally occurs during a procedure in which an instrument is passed in the ureatha such as a bladder catherization. What I need to know how I can get help with the over whelming financial expenses my family and I have occurred due to this injury? How are women juggling medical expenses due to the pelvic organ prolapse treatments and childbirth expenses?
Your insurance should cover treatment for this issue.  Should you not have insurance, I would suggest you seek treatment at a University setting.  A urogynecologist may be helpful in providing treatment of your condition.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD
It sounds horrible that after such a happy occassion like a birth of a baby, you ended up with a pelvic prolapse. A few years ago, I discovered a product which was an answer to my problems. It was on the internet. It is
called V-Brace by a company called Fembrace. It was like wearing a girdle with extra straps. Good luck to you.