Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Expert Forum
Please help??? Had pelvic hyst last may everything has dropped!!!

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) FORUM. This forum welcomes questions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

I had hysterectomy last may and everything has gotten worse.  The main reason for having was a recticele and cystocele and bladder repair and Everything is worse!!!  Bulging out worse than ever and BM movements are so difficult and sorry to be so graphic but it feels like there is alway a piece left in me!!!  I am having the issues of gas pains bloating dropped bladder that feels like it falling out which is worse than before the surgery and I am so depressed and freaking out,,,,I have been to 3 Urogyn since the surgery including a pessary which only stayed in for a few hours until BM.  I don't want to live like this and know one can tell me anything except that it can happen.  I just lost my husband of 32 years about 1 mo ago and I feel so alone and do not know what to do???  I have visited my daughter in fla the past 2 weeks and she and my son want me to move here and start over in a nice condo in boca but I don't feel we'll and I am so afraid of starting over in a new place with new surroundings.  I do not look forward to going home to my lonely apt since my spouse passed however how can I move where with all these physical problems?????    I am so confused and physically and emotionally drained...can anyone help other than then the Marilyn Monroe way....
Sorry to read of your problem.  Your complaints are not unusual and should be treatable.  Not sure if the 3 different urogyn you saw offered you any treatment or not.  If you decide to move to Boca, go see Dr. Amir Shariati,  He is excellent and should be able to help you.  If you prefer to see someone in your area, let me know and I will see if I know anyone.  Loosing you husband can be overwhelming.  I would suggest you seek comfort in your friend, church, family, and / or support groups.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD  
I came back to this forum because I wanted to share my experience and simple management of vaginal/bladder prolaspe with other women. I have a severe one and have thus far avoided surgery. However the thing that helped me was so simple,however no doctor or health professional seemed to know anything about it nor did they suggest it. I found that simply wearing a firm but not punishing latex undergarment. held the bulging prolapse in place. It doesn't have any further it can go. I buy mine at T J max for around $6.99 each ( they retail for 300 or 400% more. When I will be active such as exercise class or walking a lot I put it on. If I go to a long movie I just take it off in a rest room before and back on when I leave. I will be glad to share or reinforce this idea more.