Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
Pregnancy after prolapse?
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pregnancy after prolapse?

Hello, I am 35 years old with two children, ages 4 and 2, both delivered vaginally. After my second I noticed some mild urine leaking and eventually started pelvic floor PT for it. While in PT, I developed a cystocele, then a rectocele, within the course of a month or two. I now have a grade 3 cystocele and grade 1 rectocele. I have continued PT with no improvement. I began wearing a ring Pessary which has helped with the pressure and bulging, but recently I have noticed the bulging even with the pessary in. I have seen 5 different urogyns and all have told me that I will need surgery eventually when I am done having kids.

My question is, has anyone gone on to have kids after being diagnosed with prolpase? I am concerned that the symptoms will become worse during and after pregnancy. Also, given the restrictions on lifting post-surgery, I'm not sure how soon after having a baby that I would be able to have surgery, and I worry abiut caring for three kids while recovering. My biggest concern is that the prolapse will get much worse and more unmanageable than it is now, especially if I have a difficult delivery.

I enjoy exercising and being active, and the prolapse has left me with a lot of activity limitations which are very frustrating. I would like to be able to run again, walk around as long as I want, do housework and shopping etc without the bulge worsening. Whether surgery is the way to get there is a whole other post.... For now would just like any thoughts on pregnancy/childbirth/post-Partum after prolapse. Thank you !
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank