Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Expert Forum
Prolapse

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) FORUM. This forum welcomes questions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Prolapse

I have been diagnosed with a bladder prolapse and a rectal prolapse.  I'm looking for any help out in the vast world of cyberspace.  Not much information on these subjects, let alone treatments, etc....I'm trying to find an alternative to any kind of surgery.  Any suggestions??
Most important is this - do you have any symptoms of prolapse (pelvic pressure, bulge, difficult bowel/bladder emptying) If you do not have significant symptoms, then you do not need to do anything about it. However, if you have symptoms, then you need to decide if the prolapse is adversely affecting your lifestyle. If it is, then you get to decide how you want to deal with it. POP is not a "life and death" disease usually. Nonsurgical treatments for prolapse include pessaries and Kegel exercises, with variable effectiveness. If you are considering surgical treatments, you need to see a surgeon who is experienced in treating prolapse, who can examine you and help you decide how best to treat it. You want someone who knows all the approaches to treating POP, so they can help you get the best treatment for you !
Thank you so much Dr. Hoyle.  The first thing I need to do is find a Dr. in our town that can deal with both issues - I've seen a Dr. that deals with the bladder prolapse and I start physical therapy next week - but he doesn't deal with the rectal prolapse issue, which has just started.  I believe that somewhere on this site is a list of Drs. in different areas so I'll begin by checking there.  Don't think I want to have any surgery at this time, but maybe that's being optimistic!!

Again, Thanks for your help,

Cheryl J