Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
Rectocele repair

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Rectocele repair

Hello
I am 54 and had an unsuccessful posterior rectocele repair in 2007. I have been wearing an O ring with support . the largest size but i can feel pinching in the morning before bowel movement. If I dont have to go anywhere I dont wear it.
My question is, is it normal to have gas from vagina? I noticed it is usually with certain foods or sugars, like stevia, i really noticed it taking proteolytic enzymes...so i stopped both, it did help.
My question is how is this gas getting out? I am concerned about fistulas but just went to gyno and he said nothing about it.
Have you seen a Urogynecologist?  I feel you need answers and may need an examination both in terms of the gas you are experiencing as well as the problems you are having with your pessary.  Also I dont feel your pessary O ring is necessarily the right size for you and may not be the best type for you.  If you are in the UK you will more than likely be offered just one type but you can get several types privately that need to be measured for by a Gynae or Urogyne.

If you want to continue to use a pessary look at what is available privately and consider your options before your appt so you can look at this at the same time.

I do not know why your vaginal gas is linked to sugars etc but this is important to raise.  Have you noticed any different discharge vaginally?  

I wish you well and hope you are able to sort this out as soon as possible