Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
Sacrocolpopexy surgery in June 2012

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Sacrocolpopexy surgery in June 2012

I had Sacrocolpopexy surgery by DaVinci Robotics in June of last year.  Since that time I have not be able to get rid of groin pain that is debilitating.  A couple of months after surgery when I still had the pain I went back to the Dr. (Urologist) and he said that all looked great and I just needed to get those muscles back in shape.  So, I started some PT to no avail!  So, in Jan 2013 I went back to the Doctor and told him what was going on.  He said all looked great and this would not be related to surgery.  I had been going to an Ortho Dr. for my back pain and he had already order a nerve conduction study of the nerves near my pelvic to see if there was any blockage.  The test came back with just some nerves irritated that run inside my thigh area.  I have tenderness on both sides of my inner thighs and then this groin pain that fluctuates in intensity.  This past weekend I was down in bed most of the time cause standing too long is painful.  Hard to deal with since I just started a new part-time job!  Anyone else hear about continual pain after surgery?  Possible scar tissue can be this painful?  Any other suggestions. Thanks, K
Hello and welcome to the POP forum.  I notice you had your sacrocolpopexy done by a urologist.  Was there any reason why you didnt use a Urogynecologist?
I would encourage you to get a second opinion from a Urogynecologist especially as you have followed your present advise to no avail.

I wonder if your original Urologist really knows what is going on inside you and you clearly have unanswered questions and symptoms.  This is not uncommon with operation complications etc., and a fresh eye on your condition and operation may help you to move further towards finding out what is going on.

Let us know how you get on
I had not heard of a Urogynecologist before reading this site.  My OBGYN Doctor (female) highly recommend the Urologist because he was doing the Da Vinci Robotic surgery and had much success.  So, I followed her lead.
Will check out what you recommended~~thanks!  I will let you know!
I notice you live in the USA where it is recommended to see a Urogynecologist which is a specialist in Prolapses.  It is important to find a good one and a volunteer Urogyne on the ask the Dr side of this site recommends a fellowship trained Urogyne as well.  Not all OBGYNs do this.  

Look forward to hearing back from you and good luck