Sling prrocedure
I had a vaginal hysterectomy with a burch procedure done in May 2007. I just had rectocele surgery in Dec 2010. Prior to the last surgery I began having a litlle bit of stress inc. again but after surgery it increased alot. Even blowing my nose cause leakage. Mt Dr says  I could have a sling placed and that would help. How good is this procedure and is there anything else I could do to help myself?
It is unfortunate that women often go through multiple procedures for POP, the ideal is finding a urogynecologist who can repair all POP issues with one surgery. A urogynecologist is the specialist for all 5 types of POP and is the most experieinced and educated in the variety of procedures that can be done. I would highly recommend you consult with one prior to making the decision to have another surgery, especially since you've already had one procedure for incontinence. If you choose to have another surgery, you certainly want it to be the last one for POP if possible. There are many treatments available for UI and a urogynecologist can let you know after evaluation if a physical therapist may be of benefit in your case. Treatment options include incostress (a device you can purchase online that controls incontinence), biofeedback,electrical stimulation, pessary, myofascial release therapy, support garments, tibial nerve stimulation, HRT/ERT (have your hormone levels been checked, as estrogen levels drop, muscle tissue integrity is impacted which includes the muscles in your pelvic cavity and your pelvic floor muscle), kegels (which have to be done properly and consistently to be beneficial), and core strengthening exercises like pilates/Pfilates. I am hopeful a urogyn can address this for you and point you to the proper treatments that will benefit you effectively.

Sher